Develop quality plans, procedures and process controls on manufacturers/suppliers to achieve the most effective-efficient method to minimize cost of quality and ensuring 100% Safe, Good, and Reliable products are shipped to the markets. Lead activities promoting design for manufacturing and quality.
Develop manufacturers and suppliers’ Quality Team to be highly competitive in managing quality of TTI products. Manage Part and product evaluation, develop quality plan, leading customer complaint/product/process quality issue analysis and improvement. Promote Good Manufacturing Practice into supplier/manufacturer’s production line. Drive product and process continuous improvement.
- Review Product Specification and Engineering drawings ensuring all critical parameters are well defined.
- Develop Product Process Quality Control Plan with suppliers or manufacturers and ensure that they are up to date based on latest Product Specification and market requirements.
- Lead and manage Advance Quality Planning with project/engineering teams and suppliers / manufacturers for new product introductions promoting design for manufacturing and quality.
- Develop Pre-shipment Inspection Standards/ Plan based on product specification and market requirements.
- Manage and control the implementation of product specification and market requirements into suppliers’ or manufacturers’ process.
- Evaluate and provide technical support in developing supplier process controls and inspection standards e.g. test equipment, gauges, inspection fixtures, poke yoke fixtures, process fixtures
- Develop Test methods at suppliers for new quality and engineering requirements.
- Review Appearance, Color and Engineering samples agrees with documented standards such as Engineering Drawing.
- Prepare appearance limit samples for PSI Inspectors and supplier/manufacturer QA.
- Review Engineering Change Requests (ECR) and take appropriate preparations for supplier quality requirements.
- Issue Engineering Change Requests (ECR) based on insufficient specification or specification errors on product specification.
- Coordinate Supplier Change Request process between Supplier and TTI Engineering.
- Identify, Develop and Track SPC and process capability studies (Cpk) on critical processes at supplier.
- Lead and provide technical support in Corrective and Preventive Action Process concerning quality issues from suppliers’ critical T2 suppliers, T1 manufacturing process, Reliability Issues or customer/market complaints.
- Ensure proper documentation of Corrective / Preventive Action and supporting documents from suppliers are formally documented on TTI QA records.
- Certify suppliers and their QA staff by provide training regarding TTI Product specification, engineering requirements and Pre-shipment standards.
- Collaborate improvements with engineering or project team regarding product design and tooling to ensure effective methods of production.
- Support and provide solutions on engineering design changes that would improve supplier / manufacturer’s capability, yield, productivity and capacity.
- Participate in VE programs by guiding supplier to prepare AQP requirements and preparing validations for quality feasibility.
- Participate in supplier Quality system (BIQ) and process audits.
- Prepare audit reports, technical reports, and Corrective / Preventive Action as per requested by their superior.
- Conduct Pre-shipment Audit based on Inspection Checklists and Standards.
- Prepare annual supplier development strategy and planning
- Diligently support superior on any ad hoc assignments and delegation
- University or College Graduate. Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or any related field
- Good communication skills in English
- Minimum 3 years Product Quality experience in Home Appliance products with sound knowledge in Mechanical and / or Electrical engineering.
- High integrity. Dependable. Resilient, Team Player, Extrovert, Proactive, Good sense of responsibility and positive thinking
- Knowledgeable in Basic and Advance Quality tools. Knowledgeable in Product safety regulations is a plus.
- PC skills required (Word, Excel, Power Point & etc.)
Functional Competencies (FC) required:
- Quality & Production knowledge –SPC, CPK Studies, GRR, MSA
- Creative yet practical and structured in problem solving, analytical skills and decision making – Pareto, 8D, 5 WHYS, Fishbone, DOE
- Preventive and Detection Management Skills – DFMEA, PFMEA, APQP, PPAP
- Experienced in Visual Factory and Lean; Kanban, One Piece Flow, Poka-Yoke, 5S, MDI & KPI
- Knowledgeable on manufacturing role in consumer products arena, preferably mass retail environment.
- Knowledgeable in handling measuring tools and equipment both mechanical and electrical
- Highly Extensive Business Trips
- Good Presentation Skills
- Knowledgeable in UL, ASTM and IEC Standards is a plus
Leadership Competencies (LC) required:
- Highly professional with proper ethics in handling suppliers/manufacturers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills giving directives to suppliers/manufacturers
- Team motivator. Good people and coaching skills inspiring suppliers/manufacturers to have Win-Win mentality.
- Ability to construct, lead, and carry out containment and contingency plans.
- Prevention Minded: Leadership by Problem Foreseeing Ability